Sometimes your child tells you that he or she wishes to live with the other parent, a grandparent, or some other guardian. At you can find a brief article with some good advice on how to handle the situation.

In Utah, an important thing to remember is that Utah Code does not allow a child to select which parent he or she lives with. However, as the child grows older, the child’s opinion is given increasing weight.

Click here for the full article at

Utah Family Law Blog