For one year, Salt Lake District Court has been offering a pilot program of divorce education for children ages 9 to 12. This program is entirely voluntary and is intended to help children learn how to better communicate their feelings during the trying time of divorce. Reports from children and parents have been exceedingly positive. If you are filing, or have filed, for divorce in Salt Lake District Court and your child is 9 to 12 years of age, please consider having your child participate in this program.
All classes are held at the Scott M. Matheson Courthouse, 450 South State Street, Salt Lake City. For information and registration please call 801-578-3897 or go to the Utah Courts website.
Classes are being held:
- Monday, April 6, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, May 6, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, June 8, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.